I’ve just come up with a nice recipe for savoury snack sticks on the base of homemade pizza dough. They’re quite easily made and truly tasty, so here we go:
- 1 cube yeast (or 1 package dry yeast)
- 230 ml milk (you can use soy milk instead to make the sticks vegan)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 300 g flour
Herbs & Oil Mix
- 5 tbls olive oil
- fresh basil
- fresh oregano
- dried herbs of Provence (or any other dried mediterranean herb mix you prefer)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Gently warm up the milk (it mustn’t be hotter than 40°C, otherwise the yeast will be destroyed) and mix it with the yeast and sugar.
- Pour the mix into the flour and knead a smooth dough. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour.
Herbs & Oil Mix
- Chop the basil, oregano and garlic.
- Mix them with the dried herbs, salt and oil.
- Pour the oil mix over the dough and knead it until the oil has been absorbed and you’ve got a smooth dough again.
- Leave the dough to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a board sprinkled with flour. It should be 0,5 cm thick.
- Take a knife and cut the dough in half. Then, cut each of these halfs into thin strips (about 1 cm wide and 15 cm long, depending on how you’ve rolled out the dough).
- Cover two baking trays with baking paper and, with the help of a knife, put the strings on the trays.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 220°C (fan oven 200°C) for about 10 minutes, until they’re nicely golden brown.
- Take them out, let them cool down and enjoy them with or without some lovely dip.
Have a little feast of your own!